This week’s Foodie Friday is a quick and easy one. Last weekend the hubby and I picked up some crab cakes from our local Whole Foods. We put them in the oven and then realized we didn’t have any tartar sauce or remoulade to serve them with.
That’s when it hit me. Make your own! I couldn’t make any remoulade for these babies, because I didn’t have all of the ingredients. I did however, have mayo and sweet relish, two of the main ingredients in tartar sauce. I whipped up a quick sauce in a matter of minutes. Here’s a quick recipe for you if you find yourself sans tartar sauce.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and Old Bay. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving, or put it in the freezer for 15 minutes like I did!
That’s all, folks! Join me again next week for another installment of Foodie Friday!
And don’t forget, if you wanna play along…
- Grab the Foodie Friday button and include it in your post. (code is in the right column)
- Share anything food related including: recipes, ideas, stories, rants, or food porn.
- It’s a linky, so please visit as many blogs as you can. It’s also a Blog Hop, so include the linky in your post! (Get the code below this post)
- Leave a comment below my post here telling me you’ve joined the linky.
I look forward to reading your awesome foodie posts!
Do you like to eat? Stop by Mama's Hungry for delicious, easy-to-follow recipes!